Dr. Matthew Everhard is the Senior Pastor of Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Matthew was born on the Lord's Day at around 10:30 in the morning (church time!) in the rustbelt city of Akron. He grew up in Cuyahoga Falls, a Northeastern Ohio town famous for its beautiful "crooked river," scenic falls, and quaint midwestern sensibilities.
He sensed a call to the ministry early, while still in high school, and prepared for a life of ordained ministry at Malone Universtiy, Ashland Theological Seminary, and then later earned his doctorate from Reformed Theological Seminary. he was ordained to the ministry in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church in 2008.
Today, he and his lovely wife Kelly have three children, Soriah (an aspiring artist and writer), Elijah (an aspiring NCAA wrestling champion), and Simone (an aspiring lawyer).
Besides preaching, teaching, and writing, Matthew enjoys riding bikes with the family, playing in the backyard with the children, and date night with Kelly. He likes black coffee (hot!), wooden rocking chairs, old books and Bibles, and volunteers for the local freestyle and folkstyle wrestling club. Matthew also serves as one of the coordinators for the Westminster Society, a networking group in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- BA (Bible and Theology) Malone University, 1999
- MA (Practical Theology) Ashland Theological Seminary, 2006. Concentrations in spiritual formation and New Testament Greek.
- Post-Graduate Studies. Reformed Theological Seminary (Virtual Campus), 2011-2013.
- D.MIN. Reformed Theological Seminary (Orlando Campus), 2013-2016. Dissertation: A Theology of Joy: Jonathan Edwards and Eternal Happiness in the Holy Trinity.
- A Theology of Joy: Jonathan Edwards and Eternal Happiness in the Holy Trinity (JESociety Press, 2018).
- The Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia. Contributor. Edited by Harry S. Stout. (Eerdmans, 2017).
- The Westminster Society Journal, Volume One. "We Confess." Editor and Contributor. (The Westminster Society, 2017).
- A Collection of Essays on Jonathan Edwards. General Editor and Contributor. (JESociety Press, 2017).
- Hold Fast the Faith: A Devotional Commentary on the Westminster Confession of Faith of 1647. (Reformation Press).
- Unknown: The Extraordinary Influence of Ordinary Christians (Whitefield's Prayer Publications, 2013).
- Un-Precious: An Invitation to the Joy of Christian Missions. Kindle Edition. (Whitefield's Prayer Publications, 2012).
- Christ Our Supreme Joy: Encountering the Glory of Jesus Christ. Kindle Edition. (Faith Church Publishing, 2010).
- The Children's Catechism: A Parent's Guide to Scripture Memory. (Faith Church Publishing, 2010).
- Abortion: The Evangelical Perspective. (BIBAL Press, 2007).
- Rock Solid: Helping Teens Discover the Truth of Christianity (Reformation Press, 2005).
- Matthew is the general editor of EdwardsStudies.com, an online forum devoted to the theology and philosophy of the American Puritan theologian, Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758). EdwardsStudies.com features regular discussions and synopses of Edwards's works, interviews with other authors and scholars as well as conference news and updates.
- Feel free to friend request Matthew on Facebook and chat anytime.
- Follow Pastor Matthew Everhard on Twitter @matt_everhard
- Click Here to watch Pastor Matt's sermons on Youtube.